Guggul is derived from the gummy resin of a plant closely linked to Myrrh. It is very effective in the treatment of high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, stiff joints, joint pain, obesity & painful menses. As a pain alleviating analgesic, it is an excellent substitute to NSAIDs. Lowers cholesterol, relieves joint pain. Guggul gum extract is standardized to 3% guggulsterones.
Guggul has very subtle and penetrating qualities. That's why it is often employed specifically to carry other substances deep into the tissues.
- Decreases “bad” cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL), very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL), and triglycerides and increases levels of “good” cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL)
- Suppresses the activation of the inflammatory cytokine NF-κB and its target molecules and reduces inflammation.
- Reduces pain and stiffness in osteoarthritis patients.
- Reduces joint swelling in arthritis.
- Treats acne.
- Promotes detoxification and rejuvenation.
- Supports the immune system.
- Is used to treat obesity and other weight related problems.