Shallaki, also known as the Indian version of frankincense, has been used for thousands of years for its ability to manage inflammatory disorders. The gum of shallaki is procured from the sap of the Shallaki tree, a native Indian plant and extract is standardized to 65% Boswellic acid. It is a best substitute for allopathic painkillers (NSAIDS).
Mechanism of action of Shallaki gum is completely different mechanisms than any available anti-inflammatory/ pain reliever drugs. Whereas most drugs function as Cox enzyme inhibitors, Shallaki works by inhibiting lipoxygenase enzymes (LOX), which are powerful contributors to inflammation and disease.
- Treats osteoarthritis (OA) and joint pain.
- Helps to cure rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Helps in controlling asthma
- Effective in treating inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (UC).
- Relieve pain associated with viral infections like flu, cold and gonorrhea.
- Is effective against leukemia and prostate cancer.